Overview: In this scenario two small raiding forces have chanced upon each other. A call for reinforcements is sent out and battle is joined between the raiders.
Armies: Both armies are chosen using the Warhammer Army lists to an agreed points value. Before deployment each player splits his force into two parts, each containing at least a third of the total points value of the army. Each force must containg at least one character whenever possible.
Each player then flips a coin to see which of his two forces he'll be using for the battle. The rest of the army is not initially deployed though Scouts, Fast cavalry and units of Flyers from the other half may arrive later. If this leaves the player with a force containing no characters he will have no General.
Battlefield: Set up the terrain in an agreed manner.
- Both players roll a die, the player who scores highest may decide which table quarter to deploy in. The other player deploys in the opposite quarter.
- The players roll a die, the highest scorer may choose to whether to start deploying first or second.
- Taking it in turns, each player deploys one unit at a time in their table quarter. Each unit must be deployed at least 15" from the centre of the table and at least 24" from all enemy units on the table.
- All war machines in a player's army are deployed at the same time, though they can be deployed in different parts of the battlefield.
- Characters are deployed after all other units, all at the same time. Characters may start the battle with units if you wish. Up to one character may be placed with the unit on the hill, though the army General may not be placed there.
- Scouting units are not deployed with the rest of the units. Instead they are placed on the table after all units in both armies have been deployed, as described in the rules for Scouts.
Who goes first? Both players roll a dice, the player who finished their deployment first (not including scouts) may add +1 to their dice roll. The player who scores highest may choose whether to go first or second (re-roll ties).
Length of game: The game lasts for six turns.
Special rules: At the start of each of his turns each player may roll for each of his units of Scouts, Fast cavalry or units of Flyers (not single flying creatures) that has not already been deployed to see whether they have heard the call for reinforcements. Roll a die for each unit. If the roll was lower than the current turn number the unit shows up. The unit may arrive from any table edge and counts as returning after having pursued an enemy unit off the table.
Victory conditions: Use the standard procedure for calculating Victory Points.
|Back to the Scenario page||Back to the Main page|