Veteran status adds variation by differentiation between those who have excelled in battle and those who are simply highly trained and well equipped by their masters.
Gaining Veteran status
After each victory you may promote one of your units to Hardened Veterans.
In the case of a draw each player may promote one unit each. Note which unit is
promoted down on your roster sheet. To be eligible for Veteran status a unit
must have captured and held an enemy standard at the end of the battle and must
have finished the battle with at least half of its original numbers remaining.
If none of your units fulfill these requirements you may not promote a unit.
Characters, swarms and units consisting of a single model may not gain Veteran status.
Losing Veteran status
Unless a unit is completely wiped out or is reduced to below 25% of its original numbers and fleeing at the end of a battle a unit retains its Veteran status for the remainder of the tournament.
A Veteran unit may use ONE of the following bonuses ONCE per battle. In all cases you may choose to use the bonus after you have rolled. Units which retain their Veteran staus over several battles may choose to use a different bonus in each battle if they want.
- Re-roll a single batch of dice rolled either to hit, to wound or to save in a single phase in either your own or your opponent's turn. Does not affect characters who have joined the unit. Note that you must re-roll ALL the dice, not just the failed ones.
- Re-roll a failed Psychology test.
- Re-roll a failed "Look Out, Sir!" roll
- Re-roll a failed Rally test
- Count a failed Break test when a double was rolled as passed.
|Back to the Gaming page||Back to the Main page|